Lyme treatment in Mexico
Are you looking for a Lyme treatment in Mexico? Dr. Juan Pablo Carrizales Luna is a Rheumatology and Internal Medicine specialist in Tijuana, certified by the Mexican Council of Rheumatology and the Mexican Council of Internal Medicine A. C. who specializes in Lyme disease treatment in Mexico.
Rheumatologists are trained for the diagnosis (detection) and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and autoimmune systemic conditions, commonly referred to as rheumatic diseases.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Juan Pablo Carrizales, dial the following contact number.
SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT!
Lyme treatment in Mexico
Lyme disease is caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi and is transmitted to humans through the bite of infected blacklegged ticks. Typical symptoms include fever, headache, fatigue, and a characteristic skin rash called erythema migrans. If left untreated, infection can spread to joints, the heart, and the nervous system. Lyme disease is diagnosed based on symptoms, physical findings (e.g., rash), and the possibility of exposure to infected ticks. Laboratory testing is helpful if used correctly and performed with validated methods. Most cases of Lyme disease can be treated successfully with a few weeks of antibiotics. Steps to prevent Lyme disease include using insect repellent, removing ticks promptly, applying pesticides, and reducing tick habitat. The ticks that transmit Lyme disease can occasionally transmit other tickborne diseases as well.
Treating Lyme disease in Mexico
People treated with appropriate antibiotics in the early stages of Lyme disease usually recover rapidly and completely. Antibiotics commonly used for oral treatment include doxycycline, amoxicillin, or cefuroxime axetil. People with certain neurological or cardiac forms of illness may require intravenous treatment with antibiotics such as ceftriaxone or penicillin.
Dr. Juan Pablo Carrizales Luna – Treatment for Lyme disease in Mexico
- Internal Medicine, Hospital San José, Zambrano Hellion y Hospital Metropolitano, endorsed by Tecnológico de Monterrey.
- Rheumatology, Hospital Universitario “Dr. José Eleuterio González”, endorsed by Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León.
- Head of Internal Medicine residents during his residency at Tecnológico de Monterrey.
- Tutor at the Xochicalco University.
- Certified by the Mexican Council of Internal Medicine.
- Certified by the Mexican Rheumatology Council.
- Active member of the Mexican College of Rheumatology.
- Internship on Reproductive Health in Rheumatic Diseases at the Erasmus MC in Rotterdam (one of the biggest hospitals in the Netherlands).
- More than 3,460 Rheumatology patients.
- More than 160 joint infiltrations performed.
Education and Memberships
Location of our Lyme disease clinics in Mexico
If you are looking for Lyme treatment centers in mexico, Dr. Juan Pablo Carrizales has his doctor’s office at the Premier Medical Center, number 616.
Address: Antonio Caso 2055.
Zona Urbana Rio Tijuana,
C.P. 22010, Tijuana, B.C. México.
How to get to our Lyme clinic in Mexico:
Are you looking for a Lyme disease treatment in Mexico?
For more information or to schedule an appointment you can dial the following contact number.